We’re on the lookout for Senior Backend Engineers to join the Corellium engineering team. It’s a full-time, remote role, focused on developing and improving the products that are the cornerstone of our business. Specifically, we’re looking for engineers who craft their code with careful attention to detail, who enjoy taking on new challenges, and who continually seek to improve their skills.
You’ll have opportunities to work on a broad range of things - never a dull moment. There are innovative tools to be developed for application testers and security researchers; backend services that must be robust, maintainable, and scalable; deep dives into mobile operating systems and applications; and a variety of other interesting challenges. You’ll have opportunities to work with brilliant engineers, to own components, and to develop subject matter expertise.
To be successful in this role, you should be a highly proficient Node.JS programmer with very strong fundamentals, and you should know how to use Git. We also work with a wide variety of other tools and services, including Docker, OVN and OVS, WebRTC, Amazon Web Services, nginx, and haproxy.
- Develop features and improvements to our product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way, with minimal guidance and support from other team members
- Collaborate with product, frontend, and other stakeholders within the engineering team to deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Identify and advocate for improvements to both product quality and team efficiency
- Solve technical problems
- Craft maintainable, high-quality code and conduct code reviews
- Contribute to APIs
- Participate in on-call rotations to assist in troubleshooting product operations and urgent engineering issues
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid fundamentals in basic programming skills, networking basics
- Highly proficient with Node.js (at least 5 years experience with Node)
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- Experience in some or all of the following areas is preferable, but not required: network architecture, database architecture, security architecture, automation tools, monitoring tools, CI/CD
- Strong, effective communication and collaboration skills. Capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical topics, achieve consensus with peers, provide clear status updates
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills
- Experience diagnosing and preventing performance and optimization problems
- Positive, solution-oriented mindset
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, agile, iterative software development process
- Ability to thrive in a remote organization and in a startup environment
- Work hours must overlap with US timezones